Body Work focuses more on the physical body. Unlike the physiotherapy approach that only treats the area where you have discomfort, holistic healing works on the premise that the body is a whole and that issues or ailments come from various layers and places in the body. For example, if your shoulder is sore, work might be done on your shoulder, neck, jaw, upper chest, arms, entire back, hips and other areas of the body that may appear to have no connection to the shoulder whatsoever.
Body Work Modalities
- Dry Needling is an invasive procedure where an acupuncture needle is inserted into the skin and muscle. It is aimed at myofascial trigger points which are hyper-irritable spots in skeletal muscle that are associated with a hypersensitive palpable nodule in a taut band. The result of dry needling is pain relief and restoration of healthy physiology.
- Hara Massage (Abdominal Massage) focuses on massaging, stimulating and activating the abdominal organs and also working on deep muscles of the body through reflex points. This particular technique is good for lower back pain and also to support digestion.
- Holistic Massage is fundamentally based around oil-based Swedish massage, but an array of techniques are incorporated to ensure that the client receives the best possible treatment. The treatment deals with the client as a whole. The aim is to rebalance the body so it achieves homeostasis (balance).
- Indian Head Massage, also known as an Indian head massage is a an alternative massage therapy manipulating energy channels through massaging the upper back, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. The goal is to clear blocks in these energy channels that cause a build-up of negative energy that cause ailments.
- Inversion Therapy is a form of spinal decompression and traction. It involves gentle stretches and twists while at an inverted angle. Clients are secured by the angles on an inversion table specifically designed for this process.
(NOTE: Inversion Therapy is only available in Tulbagh)
- Kinesiopractic (Applied/Specialised Kinesiology) is a non-invasive treatment that evaluates and balances an individual’s structural, chemical and mental health through a variety of therapeutic techniques, including nutritional, counselling, joint/muscle manipulation, acupressure, and exercise. Evaluations are done by manual muscle monitoring (muscle testing).
- Kinesio Taping alleviates discomfort and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect helps to decrease inflammation, reducing pressure while enabling a more effective flow of blood and lymphatic fluid in and out of the target area.
- Shiatsu (Namikoshi Style) in Japanese means “finger pressure”, Namikoshi is the name of the founder of this particular style of Shiatsu; A treatment consists of finger, palm and elbow pressure, stretches, and other massage techniques.
Note: Distance / Remote consultations, readings and healing can be scheduled in any one of the two calendars, depending on your preference for the days.
Please note that prices are different in Woodstock and Tulbagh. Remote consultation prices remain the same in both cases, but are different from Woodstock and Tulbagh prices.