Usui Reiki Ryoho Reiki – a system created in Japan in the early 1900s to support you on a journey of self discovery.
If your interest is in getting back to what was taught in Japan before it hit the West in 1938 and became associated with the new age movement in the 1980s—then this is the course for you!
Usui Reiki Ryoho courses are for beginners or can be picked up at what ever level Reiki you are already practising at present. There is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for all students wishing to join courses though in some cases it may be appropriate for students to repeat a certain level (depending on their prior studies).
The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and regular Western Reiki courses is that the initiation process, course information and techniques taught stem directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms of the system of Reiki. The focus is on personal development and spirituality.
The Shoden (Level1) and Okuden (Level2) courses consists of minimum of 12 training hours respectively, and a minimum of 24 training hours for Shinpiden (Master Level). Courses run over a 6 week period, in the case of Shoden and Okuden, or 12 weeks, in the case of Shipiden, and are held in the evenings. Lessons start at 18:00 or 19:00 and finish around 21:00 or 22:00. I also teach weekend classes and day time classes upon request. Students are encouraged to work with the energy and to practice the techniques learned. Students are also welcome to contact me at any time during the course or after the course should they need guidance, clarity or advice.
11 Characteristics of Reiki
- No hard training needed: After the transmission of Reiki energy from a Reiki Master (Attunement), everybody can start practicing Reiki immediately.
- Energy effective for life: Once the channel to Reiki energy is opened during attunement, the ability to use Reiki will never disappear.
- Empowerment: The Reiki healing power increases with the frequency of practice. Reiki energy is inexhaustible.
- No need for concentration or effort: The necessary amount of Reiki energy flows out automatically.
- No harmful effects: The essence of Reiki is pure light. It never transports negative energy, so the Reiki practitioner will never be adversely affected by giving Reiki treatments and the person receiving Reiki will never be harmed.
- No faith necessary: Reiki has nothing to do with religion or creed. Its effects do not depend on the belief in Reiki, either.
- Is an all-purpose energy: Reiki healing can be practiced not just on people, but on both living things (animals and plants) and non-living things (minerals, geographical locations, machines, etc.)
- Can be combined with other healing techniques: Reiki can increase the effectiveness of conventional medicine, acupuncture, Qi gong, massage, etc.
- Transcends time and space: Reiki’s healing power can be directed to distant places, the past and the future.
- Redemption from Karma: Reiki can purify mental and physical trauma, and liberate the soul from the effects of one’s past deeds. It can also improve genetically predisposed conditions by healing the DNA.
- Leads to Enlightenment: Reiki’s self-purification and meditation techniques will allow the practitioner to be in constant resonance with the universe, and self-actualization can be achieved.
There are three levels to Usui Reiki Ryoho:
Shoden: Level 1 — for treating the self, family and friends.
Okuden: Level 2 — for practitioners who wish to offer professional treatments.
Shinpiden: Master Level — for practitioners who wish to know it all or who want to teach Reiki.
The Ten Week Reiki Journey for Reiki Masters is meant only for Reiki Master Practitioners and Teachers of all major branches of Reiki, not limited to Usui Reiki Ryoho. This course has been developed for the Reiki Master who wants to get back to the roots of Traditional Japanese Reiki.
For more information about Reiki classes please contact me.