Banishing is ritual intended to drive out an undesirable spirit, entity, energy, etc., inhabiting a particular place. A banishing ritual can also serve to centre one before a series of healing or magical acts. One of the most appreciated banishing ritual is the LBRP.
- Stand in the middle of the area you want to banish. Face east. Take a few deep breath and relax.
- With the index finger of your right hand, point to your forehead and tone/vibrate the word Ah-Tah.
- With your right hand, point the ground. Tone/vibrate the word MAHL-KOOT.
- With your right hand touch your right shoulder. Tone/vibrate the Vih-G’BOO-RAH.
- With your right hand touch your left shoulder. Tone/vibrate the Vih-G’DOO-LAH.
- Fold hands at your chest as if praying and tone/vibrate Lih-Oh-Lahm, Ah men.
- With the index finger of your right hand, draw a pentagram in the air in front of you in the following manner: From your left hip draw a line in the air to a point above the top of your head. From there go to your right hip, your left shoulder, right shoulder and back to your left hip. As you draw, picture in your mind the lines in the air as being bright blue in colour. Make sure you end the pentagram exactly where you began drawing it in the air. Point to the centre of the five pointed star and tone/vibrate Yud-Heh-Vahv-Heh.
- Pivot 90 degrees clockwise. As you do so, use your right hand to draw a line in the air from the centre of the first pentagram to the centre of the area you are going to use to draw another pentagram. Visualise this arc as being bright, white. Draw another blue pentagram in the air in the same way you drew the first one. Point to the centre of it and tone/vibrate Ah-Doh-Nye.
- Repeat this procedure turning 90 degrees clockwise. After you make the pentagram, point to the centre and tone/vibrate Eh-Heh-Yeh.
- Repeat again, only this time vibrate Ah-Glah. Draw a line from this pentagram to the first to the first one as you again pivot 90 degrees. You should again be facing east.
- Picture the 4 pentagrams connected by a circle of light. Allow that circle of light to expand until it forms a sphere around you. Now spread your arms out to the side and say, the names of the Archangels:
- Before me, Rah-Fay-El.
- Behind me, Gahb-Ray-El.
- On the right hand, Mih-Chai-El.
- And on my left hand, Ohr-Ree-El.
- For about me flames the pentagram, and within me shines the six rayed star.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6.
A host of videos are available on YouTube… See what resonates with you: